Sunday, July 19, 2015

Mo, I love you, but...

...I think we need to take a break. Trust me, it hurts me far more than it will you.


You see, I have a little boy, and he adores the pigeon! I mean, I was the one who fostered this love. He also is a huge fan of Elephant and Piggie. The problem is that he's become a threenager who is now using your words against me. Granted, it's really funny, I have to stop him from telling people, "Okay, FINE! If it means SO much to you, I'll (insert whatever you asked him to do)." Or, "I want a puppy! Right here, right now!" Or, "Okay! Okay!" Or most recently, big, dramatic groans which, when told to stop, he responds, "I was being like Gerald in Waiting is Not Easy!"

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame you. These are the exact books I fell in love with and even chose to name my blog with a nod to (Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late). My husband laughs and blames me. "You created this beast!" Yes, I did. I just didn't expect our mutual love for reading to backfire into a smart mouth at the age of 3. We will be back soon, once he's old enough to understand why he cannot say everything he hears, even in books his mommy reads. I will miss you, though.

Until then, we are going to see other people. Someone calm with a whole lot less drama. I'm thinking Pete the Cat.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am in love with this post. That's what happened to me when I read Junie B. Jones in the classroom. I had several little Junie's running around. Too cute....even though I'm not laughing..I'm not...okay..I am.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh so many times :) The joy of reading funny books to littles, you never what they will take from the book. Good luck :)
    @Wiley Teaching

    ReplyDelete