Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tried It Tuesday: Interactive Notebooks


Wow! It's been forever since I linked up with Holly (or tried something new), but I've got something for you today. And, yes, I realize I'm a little behind the trend. Interactive Notebooks!


Last year, our 3rd grade students really struggled with the state reading test, and we have a lot of ground to cover so we can catch up and stay out of the danger zone. So during the big TPT sale over the summer, I bought Erin (Lovin Lit)'s Interactive Notebook set for grades 2-3.

Grades 2-3 ~ Interactive Reading Literature Notebooks *Ele

Y'all, this has been one of the best purchases I've made. It was more than worth the money spent. So far, we have only talked about story elements and retelling/summarizing, but the students can keep up with it and are able to experience success. PLUS this is something we can refer back to all year!


This week, we're working on summarizing a story using "Somebody Wanted But So Then". I read The Story of Ferdinand to them (one of my favorites), and then we filled in the sections together.


Tomorrow, I'm going to have them read another book in pairs and complete a similar graphic organizer. They did well with this one, but I want to see what they can do without my help. We tried this last week with "Beginning, Middle, End", and most of them did just fine.



If you're in the market for a set of notes, I would highly recommend this one. I may even use some of it with my fourth grade students!




2 comments:

  1. I bought this set this summer too and am loving using it this year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love interactive notebooks too and especially Erin's products!! So glad you are loving using INB! Thanks for linking up, friend! XXOO
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete