Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Currently October

I'm a day late for Farley's currently, but better late than never, right? Can anyone else believe that October is actually here? I've been excited for fall this year and trying to figure out what Keagan will be for Halloween, but the month has actually come! I felt like this September would never end, so it's exciting to finally be into the second day.


My loving, thinking, and needing all go together. I am on my third week of working with groups, but I still haven't back into the groove of things. My goal is to have lessons for next week done and ready to go by Friday, but that's what I said last week. We'll see!

As for new sweaters, I feel like my fall/winter wardrobe is lacking. Last year, I wasn't quite ready to buy a lot (plus we weren't in the position financially) because I still thought I could lose some more and get back into my pre-baby clothes. Well, I have been hovering right around the same weight for a few months now, so I think I'm where I will be. I've pretty much accepted the fact that my middle is just going to be bigger, even though I'm working out and have done a lot. It's time to get some looser, cuter tops that will hide my current "muffin top" and look a little more flattering. I found some really cute things at Target (my new favorite go-to store for clothes) and think I may splurge on a few this week. It's time.

Most of you may already be aware of Picmonkey, but I LOVE it for a quick way to add my blog logo to a picture I post. That way, if someone pins an idea from my blog, people can track it back to me a little easier! All you do is go into www.picmonkey.com and click on "Edit a Photo" at the top. It will open a window for you to select your photo from the computer. There are tons of edits and touch-ups that you can do, but if you click on the butterfly for overlays, there is an option at the top to add your own. I just click on that and find the file for my blog button (which I always save on my computer). Then I make it smaller and add it to the corner of my picture. Done! Here's a quick sample from last week that only took me a minute to fix (no touch-ups or anything):


I hope my tip helped, and have fun checking out what other people are "currently" doing!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tip. I am also glad it is hump day, well actually, that I made it through hump day! Good luck finding some new sweaters. I hope it finally gets cool enough around here to wear sweaters!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I'm a new teacher blogger and that is a fabulous idea!

    School Days with Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get some more sweaters too since I got rid of many to make room for my "winter in the south" last year. I'm keeping my eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip. I will have to check it out.

    Charlene/Diamond Mom
    Diamond Mom's Treasury

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pic Monkey is fun to use! Love all of the different things you can do to jazz up your pictures!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never used PicMonkey! I have been using the TSR Watermarking which does a bunch of photos at one time. I may have to play around with PicMonkey too! Keep working out, do a lot of yoga and pilates to get rid of the muffin top! It worked for me, and I was over 35 when I had my little one!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete