Tuesday, November 27, 2012

When tragedy strikes

Yesterday we learned that one of our 3rd grade teachers passed away unexpectedly. Today will be a very difficult day for students and staff. Please be in prayer for our school during this difficult time. She had been teaching in New Kent schools since 1989 and was loved by many.

I wondered about ways that I would share this issue with my students were I still in the regular classroom, so I browsed the internet a little this morning. I did find a website with a list of tips here. However, I was really looking for a good book to read with them. I work with grades 3-5

I did find this book listed on one website, so I'm going to see what it's all about. The website says it talks about a class dealing with the unexpected loss of their teacher after she is killed in a car accident. I felt like it was the most fitting I could find in this situation.
I Remember Miss Perry

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss. My class will pray for you and your school today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just devastating. Looks like you're in the right place to put your arms around some kiddos and dry some tears. Tear Soup is also an excellet resource for processing grief!

    Praying for peace,

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for her family, your students, and staff.

    Bren P.
    The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete